Within 80 miles of London, Gloucester, Cheltenham, UK
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join as a Vehicle OBD Engineer/Manager based in the Greater London / Home Counties area for a leading player in the Connected Car / Connected Vehicle / Connected Lorry high technology wireless communications products and Internet of Things (IoT) space.
Do you work as a Vehicle Network or OBD Engineer for one of the OEMs (Jaguar/Land Rover, Bentley, Rolls Royce, McLaren, Mercedes, Daimler, BMW, Audi, etc.) with expertise in the software package Vector CANalyzer?
Instead of working on one type of car, do you want to work on lots of different cars?
Do you want to get into management?
Then this could be the role for you!
You also get to join a stable and publicly traded company but small enough not to get caught in administrative red tape.
In this role, you will assist engineering in OBDII (On Board Diagnostics) Wireless GPS tracking products development in automotive sector and technically support assigned customers in Europe from both a pre- and post-sales perspective. It's mainly a technical role but customer facing and will involve managing engineers.
This position involves supporting customers and testing products. The candidate should have some prior experience working with wireless devices and preferably be familiar with GPS receivers and GSM/GPRS modems.
- Work with Sales as the technical representative and lead technical evaluation phases of the products by customers
- Manage staff
- Work with engineering and R&D team to execute European automotive product test plans and assist in supporting the European OBDII customer base
- Respond to customer service calls and work technical issues to closure with customer Field Application Engineers resolving issues such as Vehicle compatibility support
- Develop applications wireless configurations
- Execute automotive product test plans
- Perform testing, debugging and fault isolation
- Do ECU upgrades by flashing them via OBD
- Document all test anomalies along with associated device configuration and procedures
- Work to help close support calls and technical sales escalating to engineering as required
- Work with Engineering, R&D team to determine effective technical solutions for customer applications and fix any applications-specific field issues
- Develop tools and utilities to assist in the development, testing, and fielding of our products
- Work with other application engineers to update and maintain technical documentation
- EU Citizenship
- BTEC HNC/HND or Bachelor’s (BSc) Degree required or equivalent experience
- Experience with Vector CANalyzer and OBD
- 1-3 years' experience with wireless / IoT / Telematics engineering and test activities
- Ability to coordinate with other individuals and organizations to execute tests locally and in different geographic regions
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice (~50% in the UK & EU) and 2-3 times/year to California
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skill, both written and verbal
- Experience with cellular modems, GPS technology, embedded systems, and client server technology
- To identify and procure equipment needed to conduct tests
- Ability to analyse test and protocol data, generate detailed and executive summary reports, and log all data associated with each test for historical trend analysis
- Ability to work with a variety of organisations within the telecommunications and car industry
- Fluent or native English
- Appreciation of software architecture, i.e. low level embedded code & server/client UDP/TCP Listeners
- Test script development
- Understanding of vehicle based networks & subsystems
- Experience, knowledge and connections in the UK car industry
- Experience of supporting wireless communications devices
- Passion for cars
- Maturity, flexibility and self-discipline are key
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Be highly Professional & ethical
- An excellent salary with a 10% bonus
- Opportunity to travel throughout the EU
- Two weeks training and regular meetings in the Southern California HQ
If interested, please send an email (incl. CV in Word format) to Shafiq Mumani.
Vehicle OBD Engineer, Vehicle Network Engineer, Sales Support, Vehicle OBD Engineering Manager, Vehicle Network Engineering Manager, Sales Support Manager, Field Test Engineer, Applications Support Engineer, Field Engineer, OBD Engineer, Field Applications Engineer, Presales, Pre-sales, Pre Sales, Telematics Engineer
Vector, CANalyzer, OBD2, OBD II, OBDII, Labview, On Board Diagnostics, CAN, Controller Area Network, NeoVI, VehicleSpy, CANdo, Kvaser, Komodo, CANCapture, J-Bus, ECU, Serial Bus, GPS receivers, GSM Modem, GPRS modem
OEMs: Jaguar/Land Rover, JLR, Bentley, Rolls Royce, McLaren, Mercedes, Daimler, BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Ford, Citroen, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, MG, Mini
Fleet Tracking, Asset Management, Supply chain Integrity, Crash Notification
Carrier solutions: 4RF, Sierra Wireless, Jasper, Axell, Digi International, Novatel
Fleet tracking: Infor, Novatel, Box Telematcis, Satel, Raco, Fleetmatics, Marston, Cartrack
Euroworld, Select Autosystems, Telogis, Trafficmaster, Safety Track, Smartdrive, Drivecam, Teletrac, RTI Robotics, Greenroad, Independent Tracking, Insight Telematics, CrystalBall, VeriLocation, Quartix, Teltonica, Trackmate, Mobile Devices, Queclink, ZTE, Samsung Telematics, LoJack