We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, dynamic Sales and Support Engineer to be based in Miami, Florida to support the US subsidiary of our client based in Europe. You will find an exciting opportunity to work with one of the market leaders in KVM (keyboard video mouse) technology.
In this role, you will provide support to clients in both North & South America.
The company provides control rooms (e.g. broadcast, mission-critical areas in air traffic control and water transport, etc.) with a broad set of digital and analog KVM technology solutions.
As the Sales and Support Engineer, you will be responsible for technical ownership in all pre-sales aspects of the selling cycle. This includes solution demonstrations, customization of demo environments, planning of KVM equipment within existent and newly built IT infrastructures.
To accomplish this, you must have a strong desire to leverage the technical and sales skills, which includes being able to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements, and provide business value.
- provide technical sales and support for accounts and prospects in assigned territory
- develop system design documents for customer specific implementations and project plans for current and prospective customers
- conduct engaging product customized demonstrations, technical presentations and product proof of concepts (PoC), either remotely or at customers, partners or prospects' offices
- demonstrate deep familiarity with companies hardware, software and functional abilities
- translate client’s business needs into technical requirements
- understand the customer needs and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses that need
- ensure any customer relationship or commercial issues are identified and dealt with appropriately
- keep up-to-date and report on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in this role
- build and manage relationships with customer technical teams to understand customers’ strategic direction and technology roadmaps
- participate in tradeshows and internal training
- report to the VP and Director of Sales
- extensive general IT technical knowledge
- experience with solution selling
- some experience with KVM or network switches
- to be highly technical and analytical, attention to detail
- to have experience in presenting to a variety of audiences from IT team members and C-level executives
- a bachelor's degree, with a major in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education or work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in the IT industry
- previous experience in customer facing technical sales role
- experience in B2B business development with IT operators/administrators as well as business partners (integrators, equipment manufacturer, etc.)
- strong communication skills and sales ability – both in English and Spanish
- ability to travel domestically and internationally 50% of time
- sometimes be on-call
In return, you get a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits package. We are looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas and coming up with non-obvious solutions to challenging problems.
If interested, please send an email (incl. CV in Word format) to Shafiq Mumani.
Job titles: Sales engineer, presales, pre-sales, Technical Account Manager, TAM, presales engineer, pre-sales engineer, pre sales, sales support, Sales-Support, presales consultant, pre-sales consultant, technical sales, technical engineer, Solutions Engineer, Solutions-Engineer, system engineer, systems engineer
KVM, Adder, Aten, Avocent, Belkin, Cables To Go, Dataprobe, Gefen, G&D, Icron, IOGEAR, Minicom by Tripplite, Minicom Digital Signage, NTI, Raloy, Raritan, Rose Electronics, SmartAVI, Thinklogical, ZONIT