We have an exciting opportunity to join a leader in TV over IP Delivery platforms as the Sales Director for North America to drive sales to the top 25 cable operators in the region. In this role, you will provide strategic direction to the growth plans in North America by establishing and growing in-market business relationships.
You will work closely with the Corporate HQ to identify business opportunities and drive and execute strategies to grow the revenues in the region. Operating at both a commercial level and technical level, this individual will successfully promote products and technologies within the region.
- Develop, execute, and own the sales plan for penetration into the North American top 25 cable market as well as grow and maintian the business with them.
- Present company and technology to the channel partners, potential customers and establish presence at industry events.
- Engage and grow relationships with all parts of the TV over IP industry and ecosystem including content providers, operators, networks, set top box and security providers.
- Provide weekly forecasts and create and maintain sales funnel information (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to board of directors and other sales reports as needed.
- Provide competitive analysis, market mapping and monitor market potential to identify opportunities for products and technologies.
- Ensure we have the most up-to-date competitive and market information to make sound business decisions and determine the best business and growth opportunities.
- Provide Product Development teams with recommendations on new business opportunities and the expansion of existing product and lines of business.
- Responsible for establishing relationships, driving revenue and owning the customer relationship at multiple levels.
- Interact with potential partners / customers, industry groups, and other key external stakeholders to understand and evaluate business opportunities, and to develop and execute sales activities.
- Assist the marketing team to implement build and develop marketing relationships.
- Work with Corporate Communications and Marketing Services in US HQ to maximize partner marketing and branding opportunities in North America.
- 7+ years of experience in Cable Sales and industries aligned to TV over IP business.
- A proven track record of selling to cable customers through channel partners.
- Working on technology commercialization and a track record of negotiating and closing deals is essential.
- To be an individual contributor that will have the opportunity to influence the future direction of the business in the North American cable market.
- The ability to develop, present, and sell a complex solution.
- Well-networked in the cable space in North America with existing relationships in the region.
- To ideally have experience in high ASP (Applications Service Provider) solution sales.
- A proven track-record of success at a Silicon Valley based high tech corporation.
- Strong technical background in networking technology, middleware or related industry.
- Good presentation skills at both internal and external events.
- To ideally have an understanding of software licensing.
- BSEE, Business or the equivalent in experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%.
- To have fluency in English with excellent communication/interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to be a creative problem solver, develop, propose and execute on business concepts and deal proposals that are consistent with business objectives and operating procedures.
- To be self-motivated with an ability to maintain high standards and of excellence and results while working independently.
- Ability to engage with key leadership along with good influencing/facilitating skills thereby able to work collaboratively with business/technology groups across the organization and region.
- To naturally be able to network, build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to think and act strategically with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- To be diplomatic and able to execute in a dynamic deadline-driven environment.
In return, you get an excellent salary and commission with regional benefits.
If interested, please send an email (incl. CV in Word format) to Shafiq Mumani.
Sales, Market Development. Director of Sales, Business Development, Solution Sales, VP of Sales, Market Development Director, Sales Director
Companies: Seachange, Arris, Concurrent Computer, Opentv, Harmonic, Aylus, Envivio, RGB Networks, Elemental, Cisco, Nagra