Our client provides cloud-managed 3G/4G LTE networking solutions for distributed enterprises. They have shipped over a million devices and offer products certified and promoted by major worldwide carriers. The solutions our client has provide uncompromised mobile broadband performance while delivering proven network system interoperability. Their broad family of high-performance routers are designed for deployment in mission-critical applications that require 24×7 connectivity.
With both integrated wireless WAN and non-integrated versions, the solutions are ideal for distributed operations and emerging industries that require either remote connectivity or multi-WAN redundancy. Their powerful Enterprise Cloud Manager allows any enterprise to easily monitor, manage, and maintain all endpoints in their distributed system running on different networks from a single location.
Their business is expanding rapidly and they are building a team in Europe so this is a great opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing European team. We are looking for motivated, self-starters who thrive in an empowered, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that rewards success. The company HQ is in the US and European HQ is in London.
The Market Development Director/Manager is a highly strategic and important role where the ability to execute is paramount. This senior field marketing role will require the successful candidate to develop a robust understanding of assigned network operator customers and of the strategies and objectives of the companies “sell to” and “sell through” account teams.
This position will dual report into the VP of International Carrier Business Development and the VP and Managing Director EMEA Operations. The successful candidate will need to be diplomatic and possess a high level of tact.
This home working position is based in Germany (or London area for German speaking candidates). Being based in Dusseldorf or Cologne would be a plus though having experience working with/for mobile operators at the Op-Co level is more important.
- be responsible for the marketing “to” and “through” Network Operator and Service Provider accounts
- play a pivotal role in assessing the product needs and opportunities in the EMEA market
- work closely and partner with the EMEA sales and systems engineering organisations to advance the objectives of the company in the market
- be responsible for the lead penetration strategy development for assigned network operator business partner(s) across wired, wireless and WiFi network operator business units
- provide account leadership with detailed strategic & tactical business plans to drive sales and revenue growth
- build relationships with network operators’ sales, marketing, and product management personnel at various levels to identify new opportunities that benefit the operator, the customer and the company
- establish, develop and maintain key customer relationships with network operator at a group and OpCo level to further short- and long-term business objectives at all management levels
- work with network operator as well as sales and marketing to facilitate relationships and joint activities such as training, funnel reviews, joint sales calls, event participation, and the like, in order to ensure that our client is on the top of mind and most recommended by network operator partners
- lead strategy, event planning and execution of customized events, user groups, and workshops for technical, executive and business customer groups in EMEA
- work closely with key internal stakeholders (sales teams, product marketing, marketing, and technical experts) to develop and define the marketing strategy and plan for the customer, execute the plan, and report results
- proactively develop new marketing initiatives and pitch them to the account team
- impact the profitability of the company by identifying new strategic and tactical opportunities with network operator business partners
- provide network operator account expertise to the company’s executives, sales, marketing and engineering teams on operators’ business challenges, culture, and environment, specifically market trends, future technology, competition, and partners that may affect the network operator’s business
- help drive the success of partner-related programs
- effectively respond, communicate with and present information to channel partners, co-workers, customers, clients, and general public
- contribute robustly to the development of the EMEA marketing strategy
- travel to customer and partner locations within your region as needed, while managing ROI of travel costs
- exercise strong cost management and control
- 6+ years of technology marketing experience at a major European mobile network operator group
- to have a track record in developing strong relationships with Network Operators/Service Providers, at all levels, including senior executive, product, technical and field sales teams
- a solid grasp of the mobile network operator business and their enabling technologies
- a strong knowledge in numerous network operator domains (e.g. wireless, network core and/or edge, content delivery networks, etc.)
- a relentless focus on metrics and results
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent (MBA preferred)
- strong knowledge of network operator/service provider business models and challenges, especially within managed services development and taking new services to market
- product/solutions marketing experience with a focus on networking, security, software or data center technologies to mobile, WiFi and/or wireline service providers
- broad-based technological awareness, complemented by knowledge of data networking concepts
- to be self-directed and function well in environments where many team members are working remotely
- fluency in English and German, and ideally one other major European language
- to be ready for extensive (25-30%) travel including overnight stays
- have a valid drivers license with a clean record
- ideally have experience providing sophisticated M2M solutions to enterprise markets (not just selling boxes)
- to preferably have experience launching programs and services at MNOs
- to ideally have experience in sales and/or business development in the network operator/service provider space
- to preferably be familiar with marketing and sales automation systems such as Salesforce
- to ideally have experience working for a small company
In return, you get a competitive salary, an excellent bonus and an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team in Europe!
If interested, please send an email (incl. CV in Word format) to Shafiq Mumani.
M2M, Machine to Machine, LTE Networking, 3G, 4G, LTE, IoT, Internet of Things, program launch, network core, network edge, content delivery network, CDN, Edge Management, Network Management, Cloud Management, WAN Analytics, Network Monitoring
Job titles: Market Development Manager, Business Development, Market Development Director, Commercial Manager, Programme Manager, Program Manager, Partner Market, Field Marketing, Channel Manager, Evangelist
Companies: Vodafone, T-Mobile, DTAG, Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, EE, EverythingEverywhere, Orange, O2, Telefonica-O2
Thingsworx, M2M Germany, Robustel, BandRich, Digi, Cinterion, Nethix, Lancom, Lucom, Gatetel, Ricon, NetModule, Hy-Line, Geneko, Novacom, iRZ, ATOS, Accenture, CalAmp, Device Insight, Gemalto, Huawei, IBM Global, Infosys, Logica, M2Mi, Netcomm, Netgear, Novatel, Sierra Wireless, SimCom, Silver Peak, Virtual Access