Fort Myers, FL
We have an exciting opportunity to join as Sales Engineer - Telecommunications/IP Communications based in the US for one of our clients that is leading the way in the mobile industry by delivering cloud-based IP networks and next generation communication solutions (IP, LTE, IMS, VoWiFi, VoLTE, RCS). The company incorporates Network Function Virtualization (NFV) technology to enable all service providers to quickly and securely launch services that subscribers demand most.
In this role, you will support the US Sales team in the rapid expansion of its IP Communications product suite. You need to be a responsible, team oriented, well organized individual with strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities. You also need to perform in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter.
You must be based in Dallas or Fort Myers and have a Green Card or US Citizenship. Please state this when applying.
Also, when applying please state that you have the relevant wireless telecom pre-sales experience or your application may be rejected.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to clients and channel partners
- Assist with proposal, RFI and RFP preparation for prospective and existing customers
- Develop system design documents for customer specific implementations
- Develop project plans for current and prospective customers
- Assist with near and long term requirements in gathering and developing product solutions, including customer system and architecture designs
- Build and manage relationships with customer technical teams to understand customers’ strategic direction and technology roadmaps
- Provide input recommendations to product team on future enhancements of product line
- Assist with implementation coordination
- Attend trade shows and conferences
- 5+ years of pre-sales technical support experience
- Strong understanding of unified/IP communications and data networking technologies
- Good knowledge of NGN and IMS architecture including IP Telephony Architectures and VoIP protocols (SIP, H.323, MGCP, RTP/RTCP, MSRP)
- Understanding of Media Gateway and Media Server protocol interfaces in the NGN and IMS
- To understand IP Networking Protocols such as TCP, DHCP, ARP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of client-server architectures, database servers and communication servers, especially as it relates to network configurations, optimisations, troubleshooting, and diagnostics
- Strong communication skills and sales ability
- To work well in a team or independently
- Ability to interact with all levels of customer management and coordinate multiple and simultaneous projects effectively
- BS/MS in related technical field or related equivalent experience
- Excellent customer relations and sales process skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
- To be able to travel around 60%
- To be on-call at times
Ideally you also have an understanding of the following technologies:
- Standards and protocols as they relate to IM/SIMPLE and Presence
- Messaging standards and protocols as they relate to SMS and MMS
- SS7 Intelligent Networks (INAP/CAMEL/WIN) architecture and protocols
In return, you get an excellent base salary and a generous bonus to take you to a six figure package. You also get to work in a rapidly growing and dynamic company.
If interested, please send an email (incl. CV in Word format) to Shafiq Mumani.
Sales engineer, presales, pre-sales, presales engineer, presales consultant, sales support, technical engineer, systems engineer, TAM, Technical Account Manager, Systems Architect, Technical Architect
Telecommunications, IP Communications, VoIP, SIP, H.323, MGCP, RTP, RTCP, MSRP, VoLTE, VoWiFi, Voice over WiFi, VoLTE-R, VoLTE Roaming, Media Gateway, Media Server, NGN, IMS, IP Networking, TCP, DHCP, ARP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, FTP
Mavenir, Ericsson, Nortel, Genband, Sonus, Tekelec, Syniverse, Broadsoft, MetaSwitch, Acme Packet, Nokia